Almost a member of CERT - September 2008


One of my classes this semester (my last semester. . hallelujah) is disaster nursing. One of the objectives of this class is to become a member of CERT. CERT stands for Community Emergency Response Team. The CERT Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area. This program has become really big since 9/11. I have several clinicals in which I will get to use a fire extinguisher to put out a real fire, learn to condemn buildings, learn how to triage people in the community in the event of a disaster, and basically learn how to be in charge if their was a disaster. It is actually kind of scary. Well, this last Saturday at my first clinical we learned all about safety and along with that comes safety gear. So, I thought that I would show you my freakin sweet safety gear.




Thats right, I am wearing gloves, safety goggles, a vest (is it really that obvious) and a pretty green hard hat. I left off the mask. I better get used to wearing this stuff because I will always have it on at my clinicals.
When I got home I put it on and ran in the house yelling "I am a member of CERT and I am here to help you!!" We learned that you are supposed to yell that if there was a disaster so that people would know who you were. Tyler really liked it! I know, I am a total dork!! :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Ha Ha Ha! You look smokin hot! :) It is nice to have a nurse and member of CERT in the fam! :)